We moved to Lansdowne in June of this year and have fell in love with it here. The people are so kind and the scenery is beautiful. With being walking distance to Lansdowne Resort and Spa it’s only obvious that I want to explore this beautiful location. I’ve seen Lansdowne Resort and Spa be used as a wedding venue for many brides and grooms and I wanted to learn more about why it’s such a attractive location.
Lansdowne resort is nestled right along the Potomac River, about 40 minutes from Washington D.C. and is just about a 20 minute drive from Washington Dulles Airport for your guests that are flying in. For guests that live in Maryland and want to avoid 495 they can use White’s Ferry and enjoy a scene ride across the Potomac River.
I met up with Sarah and Becca from Lansdowne’s marketing department and they were kind enough to give me a tour of the facilities. You can see the beautiful open spaces that are just begging to be used for some gorgeous bridal portraits. There’s also a picturesque driveway that would be perfect for a Barat!
I also asked Leslie – the assistant director of catering a couple of questions to give you a little more insight. You can see her responses in bold below.
1. How many south asian weddings (Indian, Pakistani, Bengali and Nepali) does Lansdowne Resort host each year?
Lansdowne Resort and Spa hosts about 30 South Asian weddings a year.
2. How far out in advance should a client book Lansdowne for their wedding?
Our couples are usually booking about a year in advance.
3. What comes standard with booking a wedding at Lansdowne Resort?
There is no standard because every package offered is different and customizable.
4. What is one interesting fact about The Lansdowne Resort?
Many people are surprised to find out Lansdowne Resort and Spa is sitting on 476 acres, nestled along the banks of the Potomac River – a lot of people are surprised to find out how close we are to the river and the extent of our land.
5. What is the maximum number of people your grand ballroom can hold?
6. What makes The Lansdowne Resort a great venue for a South Asian wedding?
Multiple day events can happen in different spaces within the resort which offers a great variety for the couple and their wedding guests.
7. With Lansdowne Resort having so many amenities – what is the amenity that is often most popular with your brides and grooms?
They love the overall experience – to be able to golf, and relax in the spa; it’s the overall destination wedding experience they love
8. What is the most over looked?
I like to remind our guests that all of the daily fitness classes and resort activities are available to them; a majority of the activities at the resort are complimentary for resort guests.
9. What’s planned for the future of Lansdowne Resort?
We’ll be adding three new additions to the resort: The Tasting Room, Fanny’s Herb Garden and C&R Market in spring 2019.
10. What makes a Lansdowne Resort wedding unique?
The service we provide – hands down, we receive the most feedback about our phenomenal team.
11. There is a beautiful, scenic golf course at Lansdowne Resort. Are the couple and photographer able to use a golf cart to travel around the property to take photos on their wedding event days?
Of course – we just ask for advance reservation through the golf shop.
I also asked Sarah if I would be able to bring my couples along for an engagement shoot on Lansdowne Resort’s property and she gave me the green light. So if you’re interested in a beautiful engagement shoot on 476 acres of land along the Potomac I’d be happy to help you :-).
Although the foyer area is already so beautiful, Lansdowne Resort will be performing renovations to make it even nicer!